These coconut cupcakes are so moist and delicious. They are actually super easy to make too, because they start with a boxed mix.
With the addition of sweetened condensed milk and coconut in the batter, these little gems will go quickly.
My grandchildren loved the fact that they were the perfect size for them, and of course I was so pleased that they liked them so much.
And they make a great presentation if you want to take them to a potluck or barbeque this summer.
Recipe for 2-Bite Coconut Cupcakes
Makes 48 mini cupcakes
2 cups flaked coconut, divided
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 box white cake mix
water, eggs, vegetable oil called for on cake box mix
For coconut cream frosting:
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1-3 tablespoons milk
1 cup coconut, toasted
- 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place mini paper baking cups in mini cupcake pan.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir 2 cups coconut and the condensed milk; set aside.
- 3 Make cake batter as directed on box. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (two-thirds full). Top each with about 1/2 heaping teaspoonful coconut mixture.
- 4 Bake as directed on box of mix. Cool in pans 5 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack.
- 5 In medium bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter and salt with spoon or with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Beat in coconut extract and 1 tablespoon of the milk. Gradually beat in just enough remaining milk to make frosting smooth and spreadable. Immediately frost cupcakes. Sprinkle tops of cupcakes into toasted coconut. Store loosely covered.