Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Energizer Giveaway and National Childhood Injury Prevention Week #sponsored



Home safety has always been a big thing for me. I am a what if kinda gal and a bit of a clutz so I try to be careful. When my son was born I went on full crazy mode baby safety everything I could think of (oh and it was a million things that could happen lol).

After my son was about 2 years old I was not as worried about everything. Still aware of things but no so paranoid. Until he swallowed a penny. I always check the floors, vacuum regularly and made sure my purse was never around but he managed to find a penny under the couch cushions. It was within the first few weeks of me starting my first job since my son was born and when I got home my husband told me LW swallowed a penny. My first thought was are you sure, maybe you thought he did and was wrong. I panicked I did not want to imagine all the horrible things that may or may not happen. I asked my son did you swallow a penny, his response was "yes mom and its in my tummy". We found out from the doctors this happens often and x-rays would only expose him to extra radiation if we already know he swallowed it so we just have to wait and check his diaper. It was a long wait but eventually it did pass through his system. They did say thankfully it was not a battery since that can be far more dangerous. I had not considered the small batteries that are shaped like a coin. I now realized I needed to make sure all coins and batteries were kept up and the devises that contained them kept up as well.

If it is suspected that a child has swallowed a coin lithium battery, it is important to go to the emergency department immediately.



Coin lithium batteries can be found around most homes in everyday items like remote controls, keyless entry devices for your car, flameless candles and children’s books with sound. If ingested, these coin-sized lithium batteries can cause serious chemical burns in as little as two hours.  Yet in a survey conducted by Energizer, 62 percent of parents reported being unaware of the risk associated with coin lithium batteries.

In support of National Childhood Injury Prevention Week (September 1-7, 2013), the National Safety Council and Energizer have teamed up to share some important tips every parent should know to help prevent injuries from the ingestion of Coin Lithium batteries to help keep kids safe.

The Energizer battery pack felt more secure to me. 
The 4 S’s of Coin Lithium Battery Safety
·         STORE devices that use coin lithium batteries out of reach of children
·         SECURE the battery compartments of devices
·         SELECT battery packaging that meets federal guidelines for child resistance, such as Energizer’s coin lithium battery packaging
·         SHARE this information with your friends and family




Looking over the child proof packing I can see a big improvement on the older packages. Child safety on batteries is important to me since my son is such a busy body and looks for things to mess with. I could easily open it with scissors which I feel is a simple task to keep my son from being able to open the package.

Energizer led the industry by being the first to voluntarily develop packaging for its 20 millimeter coin lithium batteries that meets the Consumer Product Safety Commission’s (CPSC) strict guidelines for child-resistant packaging.  They also developed a national awareness campaign in partnership with Safe Kids Worldwide called The Battery Controlled, which works to alert parents and caregivers to the dangers of swallowing coin lithium batteries. Identifying ways its products can help keep families safe is part of the Energizer commitment to designing its products with people in mind and investing in programs that have a positive impact on the world. that’s positivenergy™



For more information on child safety and coin lithium battery safety, please visit nsc.org, www.energizer.com, TheBatteryControlled.com and www.poison.org/battery.  


My little guy loved the flash light. He always wants to play with one when he sees it, under Moms supervision of course! We had a fun time playing shadow puppets and even spotted a few "monsters".

Keeping my son safe is top priority to me and when a company like Energizer makes it easier with safety packaging it makes my job as his Mom a little easier. 




GIVEAWAY

·         Two (2) packages of Energizer Coin Lithium batteries
·         One (1) Energizer LED Nightlight (winner’s choice between Sleeping Beauty or Cars)
·         One (1) Energizer Weatheready 2-in-1 LED Light

a Rafflecopter giveaway

 *Limited to US residents 18 years old and above. Giveaway starts Sept. 4 2013 and ends on Sept. 18, 2013 at midnight EST. Winner will be emailed and has 72 hours to respond before another winner is selected. I was not paid for this giveaway or post. The opinions on this item are 100% mine and may vary from others. The sponsor is responsible for providing the prize. I was sent products from Energizer for my review.
Share:

38 comments

skkorman said...

The TV remote controls!

skkorman AT bellsouth DOT net

C.R. said...

Razor

degood said...

My wireless mouse since the back cover is always falling off it exposing the batteries.

Sandy VanHoey said...

We have many remotes for various items in the home

Kim Reid said...

The garage door remote, thanks!

kimberlybreid at hotmail dot com

Rebecca O said...

Razors and remotes.

Shelley P said...

Our watches and calculators.

Jessica Wyatt said...

the remotes! But he LOVES them.

Kristin sims said...

My cell phone is the major one!! Thanks!

latanya t said...

tv remote control

GeorgiaBeckman said...

We make sure to keep all watches out of reach of children in our home.

Jennifer Young said...

Our remotes!

D Schmidt mummytotwoboys said...

Tv remotes, my Husband's computer mouse and cameras.

Amanda Rauch said...

When my son was little he loved to mess with the remote!

Sacha Schroeder said...

Our remote controls!

janetfaye said...

My tv remote and my garage remote control.

janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

Colleen Maurina said...

Flashlights, remote controls, and computer mouse.

colljerr at comcast dot net

Pam Halligan said...

Our flashlights,

Diana said...

I like to keep my camera away from my granddaughters
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Ashley P said...

I always keep the remotes from my kids. I hate when the get a hold of it.

Anonymous said...

I keep my remote control put up when my grandkids are here. How do they always loose the back of it?

Nancy said...

TV remote controls need to be kept out of young children's hands.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Kristy S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristy S said...

Because remote controls are always in need of new batteries - when my kids were younger we would put tape across the back where the batteries go in so that they couldn't very easily open it.

wen budro said...

It would def be all of the remotes and flashlights in the house.

Diane Cooper said...

Our many remotes are the biggest issue at my house.

SensiblySara said...

The garage door opener.

Kristin said...

We keep our remotes up as he knows how to get them open!
Lexijo213 at yahoo dot com

Holly S. said...

Right now, studying for the ACT, my graphing calculator used button batteries and my 6 year old takes the batteries out of everything!

Crystal Rose said...

We keep some tools out of reach.

MizVickik said...

The batter powered handy chopper in the kitchen!
Miz Vickik

Anonymous said...

Mostly remote controls.

Linda Bradshaw said...

I would say the razor! Thanks! Linda Bradshaw, teachinmomma123abc at yahoo dot com

Natasha JaysonsMommy said...

remote control because my son loves to hide it!

natashangt (at) live (dot) com

Robyn Huffman said...

the TV remotes and my husband's work flashlights. Well, all the flashlights actually because she calls them spot lights and likes to play with them and usually the batteries are dead every time the electricity goes out.

Sue Hull said...

I keep all my batteries to the tv remotes and flashlights in a box up high on the fridge.Thank you :)
sue-hull64 at comcast dot net

Kemberley Crosswhite said...

the remote controls... my son is like a moth to light with the remotes lol senior06chs@aol.com

lilyk said...

remote control

© Frugal Family Tree | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig