This year my family and I have made a Summer To Do List. One of our activities is BBQ at the lake. We picked National Hamburger Day to kick off our start to our list. We went to our local grocery store to look for a cheese we have not tried, Jarlsberg. They are having an Extraordinary Grilling Contest and we were happy to help spread the word by having our own BBQ day using their products.
I love cheese added to food and eaten by itself as a snack. I like a variety of types from blue cheese, swiss cheese, goat cheese and many more. I like the cheese to have a distinct flavor and add a unique quality to the everyday foods I make. For our hamburgers I selected Jarlsberg lite pre-sliced cheese for ease of use outdoors and fewer calories. The cheese added a sweet nutty flavor to our hamburgers and the way the BBQ sauce was squishing out the little cheese holes was perfection. There were no leftovers at this BBQ!
Jarlsberg® Cheese Extraordinary Grilling Contest. Jarlsberg® Cheese is giving away a professional grill week starting May 23, 2015 and running through .
Since summer is the perfect time to enjoy a great burger on the grill, Jarlsberg® Cheese is celebrating the no-fuss season with the season’s perfect contest. Topping your favorite burger, chicken or grilled vegetables with a variety of flavors from Jarlsberg® Cheese has never been easier. Jarlsberg® Cheese, Jarlsberg® LiteCheese and Jarlsberg® Smoked Cheese add flavor to any grilled recipe and is available nation-wide.
What better way to enjoy the summer grill season than to win a free, professional grill, in the Jarlsberg®Cheese Extraordinary Grill Contest? Every week, Jarlsberg® Cheese will give away a professional grill to one winner. Entering is easy. Simply enter to win by filling out the Jarlsberg® Cheese Extraordinary Grilling Contest form on the Facebook/Jarlsberg USA site. You may enter one time every week, from May 23, 2015 through . Each week one winner will be randomly selected, and be notified by email.
Jarlsberg® Cheese is available nationwide in the deli grocery retailers and club stores. There is a Jarlsberg®Cheese for every palate:
· Jarlsberg® Cheese, is a mild, semi-soft skim cheese made from cow’s milk. Jarlsberg® Cheese is famous for its characteristic mild, mellow and nutty flavor.
· Jarlsberg® Cheese Lite has the same great taste as regular Jarlsberg® Cheese with 50% less fat and 30% fewer calories, than regular Swiss cheese.
· Jarlsberg® Hickory Smoked Cheese has a piquant smoky taste, and like most smoked foods has a darker, browner surface. Jarlsberg® Hickory Smoked Cheese is cold smoked over smoldering, hickory chip embers, this Hickory smoked flavor will enhance your cold or hot foods, with its deep, smoky charms.
Jarlsberg® Grilled Fig Pizza
2 cups Shredded Jarlsberg® Cheese
1 pound of dough (buy at your local pizzeria)
1 can crushed tomatoes
Olive oil spray
Toppings as desired
Figs – fresh and as many as you desire
Salt, pepper and basil to taste
1. Before you light the grill, spray olive oil over grill, being sure to cover well. Once grill is hot, gently lay the dough, stretched out already, on the grill.
2. Cook for 3 minutes or until crust starts to brown slightly, then flip.
3. In a separate bowl, mix crushed tomatoes, adding in salt, pepper and fresh basil to taste.
4. Lay tomato mixture and Jarlsberg® Cheese on top of crust, and scatter some fresh, sliced figs.
5. Cover for 4-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Use a large spatula to remove pizza from grill.